POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface function: rippled box : Isosurface function: rippled box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface function: rippled box
From: ian
Date: 12 Oct 2000 14:00:29
Message: <39e5fc3d@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I am looking for an isosurface function to make a box with ripples like one
would find on a large pool of water. The ripples need to be not of the type
one would find after throwing a rock in, but like those found on a still
wind blown lake.

I wish for this to be subtracted from my pool of water, as I dislike normals
when true displacement is available.

I attempt this pedantic level of reality as all others have been covered
within current ability; Media falloff in the water with conservation of
energy, photons and radiosity, etc..

ian